Skip to content


Do you have concerns about RICS-regulated firms or professionals?

Find out how to tell us about your concerns or provide information about a Regulated Member

How to raise concerns about RICS-Regulated firms or professionals


We can only accept your concerns about regulated firms or professionals in writing.

Complete our online form

Email us your concerns about a regulated firm

If you are unable to submit your concerns via the online form or by email, please send details by post to RICS Regulation, 55 Colmore Row, Birmingham. B3 2AA.

If you need any help in reporting your concern, or require any reasonable adjustment to support your needs, we will do our best to help you. You can also contact us to discuss this by telephone on +44 20 7695 1670.

How much information do you need to send us?

Information may be in many forms. You should send us what evidence you have, such as documents, emails and anything else that is relevant to the concerns you have raised. Once we have reviewed the information, we will consider what other evidence is likely to exist and whether we can reasonably obtain it. We will also look at any previous concerns raised about the Regulated Member.

How we use your information

We will use the information you provide to us, to consider whether we need to investigate the Regulated Member. We may also use the information you provide, to review trends and themes in the regulated community, to help inform us whether we need to provide training or guidance.

If you need any further information on how we collect personal data, and how we use it and who we might share it with, please read the RICS Privacy Policy.

Have you made a complaint through the complaints handling procedure?

Sometimes we might refer the you to the Regulated Member's complaints handling procedure or to the alternative dispute resolution (for example an Ombudsman) referred to in that procedure. This is because the complaints about service failures or unsatisfactory work can sometimes be considered under these processes even though they do not meet our threshold for an investigation.

How we treat anonymous reports

We understand that when reporting concerns about a Regulated Member, you may you may want to remain anonymous. You can do this in two ways, you can:

  1. give us the information with your name and contact details so we can get more information from you if we need to, but we will try our best not to disclose you as the source of the information we have received, or
  2. you can give us the information with complete anonymity; however, this may limit our ability to investigate if we need more information.

In some circumstances we may be required to disclose you as the source. We also cannot guarantee the Regulated Member will not know who provided us with the information.

As with all information we receive we will assess the seriousness and credibility of the concerns before deciding on whether to investigate further.

Regulated Members speak up

Regulated Members have a professional duty to promptly disclose the details of any Regulated Member that you reasonably believe may have breached RICS standards (byelaw B5.2.1(c) of the Royal charter and bye-laws). The duty to speak up is an important part of the profession's "moral compass". Think of it as protecting the reputation of your profession, by helping RICS to uphold the public interest.