RICS has a well-established younger membership – RICS Matrics. RICS Matrics supports new members entering the profession, as well as working with RICS to shape the future of surveying and grow the size and respect of the profession across industries globally.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Matrics is hosting several webinars to support and inform the professional. Register now to join one of the upcoming webinars or click on links below to view one from our recently recorded series.
Catch up on past webinars
Apprentices Getting qualified, chartered and raising your profile
This discussion, chaired by RICS Matrics UK Chair Natasha Tyler, focuses on:
Join Natasha Tyler, Chair of RICS Matrics UK talking to past winners and judges of the Awards to share their experience. Since applications have just opened for YSOYA 2020, this webinar helps inspire and encourage you to apply, or nominate a colleague or mentor. They cover:
- Why they applied
- Did they self-nominate
- How to identify if you should apply/nominate
- Sharing experience and benefits of being shortlisted/winning
- Sharing their career journey so far
- What are judges looking for
- Encouraging applicants for 2020
Entries are now open for the RICS Matrics Young Surveyor of the Year Awards. The awards recognise and celebrate the most inspirational young surveying professionals in the UK. Judges will be looking for outstanding role models who work to the highest standards of professionalism and act as advocates for the profession.
Academia, students and Covid 19 – experiences of students, new graduates and lecturers
The discussion, chaired by RICS Matrics UK Chair Natasha Tyler, covers:
APC Q&A – everything you need to know about your APC
This webinar, hosted by Natasha Tyler, Chair of RICS Matrics, covers the following topics:
• Getting your training and experience
• Impact of furlough on training for candidates
• How can counsellors and mentors help whilst furloughed
• Writing your case study and full submission
• Preparing for final assessment in the current climate
• Digital final assessment information (will need RICS input)
• Support and resources available
Furlough: Your experience, prospects and support from Lionheart
This RICS Matrics weekly webinar series, hosted by Natasha Tyler, Chair of RICS Matrics UK, covers the following topics:
• Three Matrics members sharing their furlough experience at different stages of their career.
• Using your time to benefit yourself and others.
• Job prospects for those furloughed and students.
• Benefit of networking and keeping in touch with contacts.
• Hear from Lionheart with a 20 minute mini-support session.
• Audience Q&A